TIPS ON LIVING ALONE

Friday, September 11, 2015

edited in Photoshop by Esther Maris
As far as I'm concerned, I've been living independently for 5 years already. I have my own room and I work for myself to support my expenses. With this kind of experience, I learned so many things
which I believed made me a better person. It's hard to be away with your family and be only stuck with yourself. When the time comes that you have to separate with your love ones and make your own lifepath, here are tips from me that maybe could help you out.

BUDGET EVERYTHING
You should be able to know the importance of saving your money - whether it's earned or given. In the first years of being alone (maybe till now haha) I still have instances when I end up being broke.
Don't spend too much on unnecessary things. Please, skip that milktea/frappe a day habit.
The best way to manage your budget is by listing down your expenses (ALL OF IT). When I tried
to do that, I realized that I was spending too much! (my last computation was P135 in a day - I thought I was only spending 100 a day -_-). By knowing all of the things you spend for, you can know what to prioritize. Also, it's important that you spare money for emergency purposes.
An effective way is 50% spendings, 20% fun and 30% savings (tip from Bestie book).

DO THE HOUSEHOLD CHORE
COOK! In relation to the first tip, cooking can save a lot of money for you plus it's enjoyable. There are a lot of resources online that can give  easy to cook recipes. Plus, the food is all yours! except if you want to invite your friends to come over though.
WASH YOUR OWN CLOTHES I know, I know it's hard and tiring but washing your own clothes also saves money and not all laundry shops washes the clothes well. I also experienced losing one of my favorite blouses by letting other people do my laundry. Try washing one blouse per day while you take a bath.
CLEAN IT ALL UP Research states that when you have a messy room, it decreases your chance of being productive. Who wouldn't like going home in a very organized room? A clean room relieves stress as well. What I do is the 10 minute habit before sleeping - clean the room for 10 minutes.

ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING NEW TO DO
Being alone doesn't mean your life is caged. Enjoy the freedom that you have. Learn a new language, read a book or buy your own cactus and take care of it - you know what I mean right?

GO OUT ONCE IN A WHILE
A little party ain't bad at all. But don't do it if you have work the next day or if you have a major exam. Try going to another place and meet new people. I bet you have a lot of posting in instagram to do after your trip.

PURSUE YOUR PASSION
This is probably my most and favorite tip. You make your own choices now and make sure that your choice makes you happy. Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you love. Now that you're alone - you have the chance to discover who you really are and what's your passion. Once you find it - make it your career. Be happy!

I will be honest, I haven't mastered the art of being independent. I still end up broke and sometimes my room is messy. But one thing is for sure - I'm now on my road to reach my dreams. Hope you can reach yours too!

Thanks for reading! What are your other tips?

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. I wish I could provide some tips too but unfortunately i haven't tried living alone! Haha. Though I may never be able to try living alone, I will still take note of these tips especially when my boyfriend and I will have to move to our house then! Haha.

    P.S. I read your comment on my blog. If you're interested about earning, let me know! Feel free to email me! hehehe :)

    xx, Janine | A Blissful Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually live with my boyfriend now but he'll leave soon for work in Cebu. :)

      Delete
  2. Being independent requires discipline and hard work. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough. You have the drive! I also see that you are a very optimistic person. Good Luck to you sis!

    www.hintofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm trying to be positive as much as I can :)

      Delete
  3. These are all really great tips! I live alone too so I totally agree with everything you said. Hmm one tip I might add would be to plan your day. Write down the things you have to do for the day and it will make you much more organised ^^

    I'm glad I found your blog because I like the things you post! Looking forward to reading your upcoming blog posts :)

    ♥ Nana's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh.. I totally forgot to include this even though I do this everyday! hahaha. :D I love your blog too!

      Delete
  4. Great post - bookmarked for future reference! :) I'm not living alone as of yet!

    Pauline
    pawlean.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great tips! Making a budget and saving are essential!

    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think living alone gives a nice freedom, responsibility
    and in dependency c: thanks for the tips as well!
    Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these kinda tips,very useful!
    xx
    http://maariemarie.blogspot.com.ee/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to agree with everything. Living alone can be a tough job, but it's fun on some thought. I live with my parents (during school break), but whenever I'm home they're always out so basically, it's just like living alone plus with dogs. It wasn't so bad afterall because I have food, tv and the internet. But soon, I wish I can move out from our house and start having the big deals on my own. You're right, it's always nicer to have something new to do. Great tips, Esther! :))

    Lou | wander-soul.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will soon happen to you once you're stable. :) Time will come just save :3

      Delete
  9. Oh i feel this babe.
    I've been living myself-- i mean independent for almost 5 years now.
    And i may say that im loving it because have the control for everything though quite challenging
    Love the things you highlighted hear esp saving :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're on the same page! It's so nice knowing that I have people who could really relate with my experience! :3

      Delete
  10. I am moving out to live by myself is half a month so you cannot guess how important this post is to me!
    Thank you!
    BUDGET BUDGET!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to help! Goodluck to your independent life! :*

      Delete
  11. What a great post! I love living alone! I am loving your tips on budgeting - like you, I have been broke so many times! I like that formula you gave up there. Thanks for sharing all these!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete