Storytelling - LUTAS Film Festival

Saturday, March 08, 2014

"The most amazing thing for me is that every single person who sees a movie, not necessarily one of my movies, brings a whole set of unique experiences. Now, through careful manipulation and good storytelling, you can get everybody to clap at the same time, to hopefully laugh at the same time, and to be afraid at the same time."
-Steven Spielberg

The very first in Dumaguete City. It was our university which is able to launch a film fest with cinema quality films. It actually took a lot of process to make things done - from shooting, to editing and to convert it. We had to spend sleepless nights. Being awake til 7am and not taking a bath! NYAHAHA
The LUTAS Film Festival presented 12 media contents composed of short films, documentaries and photograph presentations. It was held at Robinsons Place Dumaguete Movieworld. How 'bout that?
Photo by Paul Benzi
The mall early birds
ULTIMATE SELFIE! Way better than Hollywood nyahaha
I was one of the first presenters.
My heart was pounding like hell. I didn't know how to respond with the people's criticisms. But so far, everything went out well. :)
Looking at the audience made my heart melt. 
No taking of pictures inside the cinema - oh really?
Twas a successful event! Congratulations FU Broadcomm! 
The feeling of being able to share your ideas to others was overwhelming. Our goal of making people think was executed. It was a day I will never forget. I had doubts because it was my first time to create a film and I had no crew. But I never thought that it would be on the big screen. I am also happy that my colleagues were able to present their creations and it was pretty cool! Everyone enjoyed it!
Hopefully, we will have another one in July! 

How about you? What's your story?

Peace out!
-xoxo esthermaris!

You Might Also Like

0 comments